Welcome Guest To our roleplay site. Come here to have your very own adventure in the world of you're own imagination.Please register for we do need members

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mephistopheles

Location : At True Cross Academy, fulfilling my duties as Principle //† Wherever I might be, I warn you that it would be best if you stay away from me lest you wish to be cast into eternal damnation.

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:14 pm

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Bec started to come my way. I blinked, a bit surprised when she grabbed my hand and shook it. Was she thanking me? I caught her shocked expression and before I knew it, I was being pulled outside by her. I was surprised no longer, but rather, confused. Why was she bringing me outside?

"You're, Satan's son?!"

My eyes widened and I took a step back. It was my turn to be shocked. H-How did she know?! Why did she ask so suddenly?! It was only seconds ago was she giving me a handshake! How did she find out in such a short amount of time? It was impossible... Impossible! Now she was sure to not trust me! All my plans were lost... Now I would have to kill her. I would have to kill her and her friends. I did not want to do so but... really, I had no choice. She knew the truth. She knew who I really was.

"How...Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

I stayed silent. Kill her, or answer her, then kill her? Truthfully, I didn't want to kill her. Maybe I wouldn’t have to kill her. It was a slim chance that she would keep this a secret, but it was still possible. I inhaled deeply before beginning. "...Isn't it obvious? Now, you don’t trust me anymore. Even if I had told you from the start, you still wouldn’t have trusted me. No one would trust the actual son of the devil. Now you just want to get rid of me, right? I'm a nuisance to you and your kind, as you are to me and my kind. Now I’m going to have to..." I trailed off. No, I wouldn't kill her. I didn't have to kill her... not yet, at least. Whether she keep her life or not depended upon her own words.

"You told me you were demon, and I knew that, but you could have at least told me the truth about you. And here I was on the verge of trusting you..."

I frowned. This had been the first time that any of my plans had ever gone wrong... but that didn't anger me. Not now it didn't. What angered me was that I lost her trust. Why did that anger me? You know, I was questioning myself a lot today, and I rarely questioned my actions or thoughts. It frustrated me, to say the least. Apologizing would not patch up the situation at hand, so I stayed quiet. I had lost my tongue.

"What else haven't you told me?"

"...I'm not just Satan's son, I'm his eldest son. I'm sure you know what that means: I am the crowned prince of hell, of the demon realm. But a lot has happened throughout the years. Shall we just say that I am not on Satan's side nor the humans'?" I murmured and looked around carefully. I had to be cautious with what I said. If I made a wrong move in my words and another demon was around, they were sure to go report to Father.

Eventually, my eyes fell upon Bec, a curious glint to them.
"How in the world did you find out about this so suddenly?" I wasn't expecting for her to answer, but it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:26 am

(Not sure if you'd like this, but I thought I'd show you this band. I saw them about a month ago in concert and they were AMAZING. <3 I thought you might like them.)

By the expression on his face as I talked, I could tell he was stunned by me somehow knowing. He answered my questions without his own until I was finished, showing a slight bit of appreciation and manors. I had never said he was a nuisance or that I would want to get rid of him. Demon or not, I still had accepted him none the less. I showed him trust and took responsibility for his actions. In fact, what if the others heard about this? They wouldn't let Mephisto near us, they'd try to kill him on the spot. What then? Would I defend him? My emotions were out of hand and I was having second thoughts, but why was I feeling this way? Why should I care if he's on our side or not? But I did, and I knew it deep down. I cared that he seemed more lenient to us humans instead of the demons. I just seemed more flustered I guessed at the idea that now that I knew, he might betray us. But I knew he might not, just because I knew didn't mean anything. It was my actions he would play on and chose how he'd react, I held the cards in my hand, what I said set the outcome. I had to be careful with my words.

"Kill me...? Is that it? Because I know, that's your solution?" My fists tightened, I was angry, but I had to keep calm, I had to keep a straight head before I said something I didn't mean. I was just upset, I shouldn't say things I didn't mean or I could make matters worse. "Just because you're the son of Satan, doesn't mean you are him. You run your life, you chose who you want to be. I can't judge you from where you fell from the tree, that would be inconsiderate on my part and insulting." I shook my head, trying to get a hold of myself. "No...I can't say I don't trust you anymore...I still want to. You did nothing wrong, just because your father is evil doesn't mean you are...But your actions from here on determines whether or not I can trust you." My eyes locked with his, my posture fixated and my head now thinking straight. "Will you take the throne, is what I must know from here on..."

He asked me the question I figured he would, and I knew I may as well answer his before he answered mine. "Since I've come back to life...Everyone I touch, I absorb memories...I hate it, I feel like a thief. I don't want to but I can't stop it. It wasn't intentional, when I shook your hand...I just wanted to thank you for coming along with us and being supportive of Kernel's injuries and not complaining while having to wait...I...I didn't mean to." I felt horrible for what I had done. I was at the greater fault here, not him. Beranabus heard everything around the corner, he almost was tempted to intervene but his knee's were tempted to cave in and cause him to fall from the new information. He was hesitant. He had taken in hurtful information before, but nothing like this. The son of Satan, that's who this boy was? No, he wasn't a boy. He was probably the same age as Beranabus if not older. But Mephisto was a full demon, not a half, that's how he hardly aged on the outside unlike himself.

He breathed heavily, hoping he hadn't been heard. No, he was fine, we were too busy arguing to notice him. His anger flared, almost surfacing. That aching feeling in his stomach tempted him once more, his demon side to come out, but he had to buckle down and kick it into place. Not at a time like this, this was the worst time for it to try to break free. His anger wasn't just towards Mephisto, but me as well. He couldn't see how I could trust someone like him, the son of Satan. What was he to me? That thought ran through his head, he felt like a child about to wet his pants in front of his crush almost, that same horrible feeling in his gut. Should he step up and speak? No, he had to confront Mephisto privately, not in front of me. He wouldn't dare, he would hate himself if he lashed out on the girl he felt deeply for. Decisions decisions, all of which seemed more complicated the longer he waited. Deep breath. Stay calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

Location : At True Cross Academy, fulfilling my duties as Principle //† Wherever I might be, I warn you that it would be best if you stay away from me lest you wish to be cast into eternal damnation.

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm

(Freaking awesome band. Now I have to go buy another album off of Itunes xD Awesome. How close were you to the stage?)

I continued to stay quiet. Killing was not the solution, was it? Killing was never a solution. I was acting on what I had been taught and told in the past: kill if someone gets on your bad side, kill if they show disrespect to you... and kill if they, meaning humans, find out who you are. The foundation of whom I am is based upon wrath, greed, sloth, lust, envy, and gluttony - the seven deadly sins. I had tried to replace that foundation and change the way I am, but I could never be fully successful. I had been conditioned.

"Just because you're the son of Satan, doesn't mean you are him. You run your life, you chose who you want to be. I can't judge you from where you fell from the tree, that would be inconsiderate on my part and insulting."

Never in my life was I told such solicitous words. What she said was new to me. I was always expected to be just like Father. I was expected to follow in his foot steps. If he died and I became king, my people were expecting me to rule as if he never died. I was controlled by the expectations that everyone set upon my shoulders, when, in reality, there was no need to carry that burden! A smile grew on my face. She had not a clue as to how much she really just helped me!
I nodded when she told me that her trust in me was based upon my actions. I was surprised that she was giving me another chance. She put aside that I had kept something so crucial from her, and for that, I was thankful.

"Will you take the throne, is what I must know from here on..."

"Yes, I will." I had planned out an answer to this question long, long ago. "However, I plan on bringing peace between both your world and my world. I wish for demons and humans to be able to live as allies and not enemies. It seems like an impossible task, but it will be successful. I shall see to it." My tone was deadly serious. There was no sense of humor or deception in it. I would have gone on and explained more, but I wanted to give Bec time to process this information, and it was dangerous to talk about this here.

"Since I've come back to life...Everyone I touch, I absorb memories...I hate it, I feel like a thief. I don't want to but I can't stop it. It wasn't intentional, when I shook your hand...I just wanted to thank you for coming along with us and being supportive of Kernel's injuries and not complaining while having to wait...I...I didn't mean to."

My frustration subsided. It all made sense now. What a... peculiar ability. It may have been a bother for sure, but it could be used to her advantage against enemies. She could find out their weaknesses quickly. If they were lying, she could find out. It has its upsides and downsides, as everything does. "I assure you, it is all right. You would have found out sooner or later, no? So, do not worry about it. I'm not angry. It's better this way, anyways. Now I don't have to fret over hiding my identity from you. Really, I should be thanking you." I smiled reassuringly. "And that ability you have, think of it as a help in battle. It may have its faults, but everything does."
I could have sworn I heard a harsh breath, but I thought nothing of it. I was probably just hearing things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 pm

(I was more of like the second row sorta. There were no seats, it was an open room. When the song Your Existence started playing, I kid you not, I ACTUALLY got in a moshpit. It was so fun but I got thrown around a lot, but who cares! When D.R.U.G.S came on stage though I was at the very front and I totally touched the guitarists hand and his guitar about 3 times. >D)

I was more reassured now that we talked it out. Everything had been cleared for the time. I was about to speak, but before I could a maniacal giggle came from the shadows of a tree. Moving around it levitated a demon master, one that I as well as the others were very family with. "Little Bec..." He cooed in delight, surprised to see me. As far as he knew, I was still dead and his familiars had killed me centuries ago. He must have been wondering how I was alive as his eyes scanned over me, making sure I was the real deal. Then he saw Mephisto, and he nearly gawked at the sight of the two of us standing and having a conversation. "Mephistopheles...What a pleasure." He only slightly bowed, titling his head hardly downwards, but showed respect in his presence none the less.

Unknown to him, Beranabus had already went back into the cave, unaware of Lord Loss' presence outside. He wouldn't be caught dead in front of them in the situation he was in, he had to recollect himself first. Grubbs seemed to notice the pale face of his and grew suspicious upon his return. "What's with the face?" "What are you talking about?" He barked, trying to make it seem like there was nothing wrong at all. "Where's Bec and that one guy?" Now come to think of it, Grubbs had only just now noticed their absence. He could see through Beranabus to tell that he knew something, but he wasn't spilling the information and was too stubborn of an old man to tell him. "Watch Kernel." The way Grubbs said it made it sound like he was degrading him to a babysitter instead of his rightful place as a powerful magician. "No, do not." Now knowing Mephisto was the son of Satan, he couldn't let Grubbs fall into his hands. If he killed Bec, he would sever a single piece of the three fractions of the Kah-Gash. He couldn't allow two, if not one to fall into the hands of a powerful demon like him. "What's going on?" Grubbs was becoming frustrated with no answers and was persistent to find out, whether Beranabus tried to stop him - which is exactly what he had to do. Grubbs made a break for the exit but Beranabus quickly cast a spell, causing a blackened wall to stand between them, cutting the cave into two halves. He knew that if Grubbs learned this information about Mephisto, he'd kill him on the spot since he was a hot headed boy. But he wanted to take matters into his own hands. By the time he got to Bec and the others, to his dismay, Lord Loss had shown himself.

"What is this I hear? A fight amongst the two of you? Tsk tsk." He smiled malevolently, finding great satisfaction to the painful emotions both Mephisto and I held towards one another, anger and confusion swirling and bouncing back and forth against one another. "I had heard news from Satan himself about an attack on the disciples to rid you all. But his own son working with them, this is splendid." He then noticed something off in the tone of our conversation we had while he was eavesdropping. "Is it me...Or do I hint a bit of affection?" "What are you-" Before I could finish, a bolt of energy shot past me, skimming Lord Loss's shoulder by a hair causing him to wince. I jolted around quickly only to see Beranabus, an angry face bestowed upon him. It made me wonder how long he had been there, but there was no time to ask, we had greater matters to deal with. Lord Loss rubbed his shoulder with one of his cracked peeling fingers and frowned, pointing a finger back at him. "You, are the biggest reason Satan wishes to punish the disciples, their leader. You have caused him a great annoyance and meddled with far too many of his plans, and he wishes to end you, as well as Cornelius Fleck and Grubistch Grady." His head turns towards me, a wide smile. "As well as you, Bec MacConn." His voice trails off in a sinister tone, giving me a chill down my spine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am

(Haha, that sounds like it must have been a lot of fun! XD)

I blew out a tense breath that I had been holding in for quite some time. I was just finally starting to relax, then I heard a giggle, a rather crazy one at that, come from the shadows. Never mind about relaxing. I turned to the source, and if I had no manners, I would have cursed aloud. This was the worst of times that he could show up. Now he knew that Bec was still alive, and not only that, but I had been talking with her. This made things highly dangerous for the priestess. I scolded myself mentally for not keeping aware of my surroundings as I should have been. I had to stay calm. I had to act like nothing was out of the ordinary. Really, that shouldn't be too hard. My signature smile appeared on my face, almost mocking the demon master. "Lord Loss." I nodded to him, tone emotionless, save for the tint of deception in it.

When Lord Loss continued talking, I narrowed my eyes. I may not have been as highly respected as I used to be, but this was unacceptable!
"How dare you talk like that in my presence! I have every right to kill you, you know. As a demon master, you should know your place!" I growled. I could have said a lot more, but I chose not to. Right now was not the time for arguing about respect. When he mentioned affection, I blinked, a bit taken back. Affection? Was this true? My thoughts were shattered when a bolt of energy appeared seemingly out of nowhere, lightly skimming Lord Loss's shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see Beranabus. He looked a bit angry; he was probably just angry that Lord Loss had appeared. Wait... how long had he been there? Surely he just arrived! I shook my head. I would have to save asking that for later. Right now, we had a bigger problem at hand.

I listened to what Lord Loss had to say. I remember how frustrated Father was with the disciples, and now that they’re back… his anger must have multiplied tenfold. Now, he wanted them exterminated. What a sudden turn of events!
"Now, now, don’t go getting ahead of yourself. You tell my Father this: I have come to the decision of proposing a wager. I understand that you see the disciples as a nuisance and you want them killed. I, however, am opposed to your decision. Before you go throwing a temper tantrum, let me explain..." I strayed off from talking and, instead, began writing a letter. When I finished, I folded it up and magically pulled out an envelope from my pocket. I sealed it and tossed it towards Lord Loss with a flick of my wrist. "I doubt you would have been able to remember all that I said. Now, be on your way, lower life form." I said, a hint of humor in my voice, and began shooing him away with my hands.

(Lazy post, sorry, I'm tired.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 pm

(Lol Lord Loss said that to Beranabus not Mephisto, about being the biggest problem.)

Lord Loss smirked, the snakes in the hole where his heart should be started hissing and snapping. He lightly bowed knowing he had insulted Mephisto and smiled. "My apologies my prince." He watched carefully trying to read the forming letters on the letter but could not keep up with the pen, failing at his attempt. The envelope was sealed and no longer could he open it to read for himself, but he was insulted that Mephisto thought of him as a messenger. "In high power you may be, but ruling you are not. I will not carry the news to him, but," Suddenly out from the ground clawed out a green body hellion baby, bald with maggots eating at it's scalp, no eyes but flames in the sockets along with a set of razor teeth. "Artery shall deliver it for you." His smile brightened seeing the look on my face. He was one of the demons who Lord Loss set upon me to slaughter. I also knew he was the demon who Kernel had kidnapped years ago but he must have held more hatred towards the hell child than I did. With a snap of his fingers, the child scattered to it's feet and ran at Mephisto, jumping up and snatching the letter from him, snarled, then fled. "Such a sweet boy to do the dirty work." Lord Loss chuckled. 

"2 days, I will give you freedom. If your father has not proposed a wager, I will have these humans of magic slaughtered by my familiars. I will not let you stand in my way just because you are Satan's son. If he does not kill them, I will." His voice faded, just as he did into the darkness, disappearing from our sight. 

"You!" Beranabus was instantly upon Mephisto with anger, he figured he was the one who had caused all of this and must have lured Lord Loss to us. "You're the spawn of Satan! If Bec hadn't brought you along-" "Bran stop!" I yelled at him, pulling him off of Mephisto releasing his grip on the demon. "Did you not hear him?!" I had no idea that Beranabus never heard the part where Mephisto claimed he wanted to bring peace to both sides. In his head, Beranabus thought that Mephisto was only protecting me, that's why he was calling his father off. Why else wouldn't he want Satan to attack us? He couldn't believe that Mephisto would want to bring peace, he was the son of the devil, he'd want destruction just like him. 

"You're only defending him because you trust him!" he was now getting after me and turned to me, anger welled up. He didn't think he could ever direct his anger towards me, but he did. I knew he didn't want to, he never wanted to. I learned that from his emotions after I had touched him from a hug before. He was stubborn and cruel over the years, cold-hearted. He thought I wasn't on his side, that I was siding with the demons. "He's a monster! You can't trust him!" He tried to turn me back onto his side, but I knew he was just mad and confused and couldn't think straight. 
"I'll let you calm down..." I knew I couldn't explain while he was in this mood, he would never listen to me, but his words did hurt. I sighed, and walked away to calm my nerves as well. I didn't know where I was walking, but I needed to get away and clear my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 pm

(My bad. Lol.
So, I went down to the bookstore today and bought the first book of the Demonata series. I'm only on chapter three, but so far, it's amazing!)

Lord Loss apologized, but I ignored him; I continued writing the letter in quick, yet neat, calligraphy. I sensed him watching my hand as I wrote but it would be to no avail. Finally, I sealed it so only Father could open it and read it. He had taken offense to me lowering his status to that of a mere messenger, so, he refused to bring the message to my father himself. That was true, I was not the ruler... yet. However, he had underlings; he summoned that "hell child" of his. Such a gruesome sight it was. It darted towards me, quickly plucked the letter out of my hand, proceeded to utter a gurgled snarl, and went on its way. Lord Loss voiced the conditions of this game, and I nodded in return. Two days? That was more than enough time.

"You!"

The collar of my shirt was roughly grabbed in an enraged manner. I laughed goodheartedly. Beranabus may have been tall, but I was still a few inches taller than him, and I always found it funny when a shorter human, demon, any kind of species, threatened me or got angered towards me - what made me laugh was always odd though, never did one always get my humor. "You're the spawn of Satan!" - I was tempted to say that I knew that, but I held my tongue. It would probably be a bad idea to do such a thing. Bec intervened once again and tore Beranabus's grip off of me. I thanked her mentally. Ah, yes, just how long had Beranabus been eavesdropping on our conversation? It was hard to tell whether he had heard all of it or just parts.

Oh dear, now Mr. Beranabus was getting angry at dear Bec. I'm sure he would never in his life want to direct his anger towards Bec. Anger, at times, is impossible to control. It was like a contagious disease - you get angry at one person, then another tries to calm the argument. Soon enough, you become upset at that person, also, and that person becomes riled up towards you; and thus, an outbreak of a disease! Fascinating, isn't it? "He's a monster!" - Do you think he meant me? And here begins the childish name-calling, something that I was too used to. He was trying to pull her back onto his side, but really, was she ever on "my side"? Bec said she was going to give him time to calm down and wandered off; she probably needed time to gather her thoughts herself. Now it was only me and Beranabus... how exciting!
"Well now, that took a turn for the worse. How unfortunate." I cracked a wide smile.
-
Satan's chambers - if you were sent there, you were bound to not come out in one piece. One little minor slipup in your words or actions and you would be ridden of. It didn't matter if you thought what you said was disrespectful or not, because if Satan took it as the negative, there was nothing that you could do about it. A lot of the time, he would dispose of someone for clearly no reason at all - especially if it were a lower class demon he was dealing with. However, even so, if you were sent to come before him, consider yourself honored even if it meant your death. Very few got to meet the King of Hell.

He sat upon his throne of azure flames, he himself clad in those same flames. One prick by those blue flames and you were disintegrated - of course, not too quickly, unless he felt like speeding up the process. The suffering of watching them burn to ash was the best part. His being was blurred by the flames, but nonetheless, you could easily tell that he was there. His presence was far from masked. The unexplainable fear that cloaked the room, the extraordinarily anger that overtook the area, one could go on forever with explaining all of the emotion that lingered about; but one thing was for sure, it was all caused by him.

He was having a chat with a higher ranking demon when the hell child had come before him. He halted the conversation with the other and turned to the lower demon.
"Artery." His voice alone was enough to freeze someone's blood and make them chatter in fear. "To what do I owe this visit?" If Lord Loss had sent Artery as a messenger, then it had to be a matter of some importance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:35 pm

(See! I told you so! I'll be honest. At first, I got really confused after reading book 1 then going onto 2 because they change the main character. As I've said in the past, there's 3 main characters of the series, Grubbs (Book 1 Introduced), Kernel (Book 2 Introduced), and Bec (Book 4 Introduced). It's kind of confusing. BUT, Book 1 is great. It gets instantly right into the slaughter. I'll tell you a secret. xD 3 years ago, I showed my teacher a part of Book 2, where the elementary kids are being slaughtered because I wanted to show him the brilliance of how artistic Darran Shan's writing skills are. Instead, the teacher held a parent teacher conference with my mom. I got in trouble that day...Til this day, my teacher still thinks I'm a demonic child.)

"Shush!" Beranabus snapped at him. He knew he had done wrong and couldn't take back his words after he upset me. He sighed and lowered his head in disappointment, what could he do to change what he had done? He looked back at Mephisto and frowned. "What wager did you put in that letter? Why would you want us alive? Or is what Lord Loss said to be true?"

I sat on the edge of a creek, overlooking the blood red river that dead carcasses floated in down stream. I've seen death before, this wasn't scary at all to me. In fact it even reminded me as a type of graveyard for all the fallen souls being taken downstream in memory, those who come to the stream to visit the dead. I knew none of the fallen demons, I didn't want to know any of them. They were all monsters anyways, but they all had feelings, just like us humans. The only difference is that their intentions were spiteful and hate filled, ours was the opposite. I sat there quietly, trying to clear my head of all that happened. I had a feeling that the devil wasn't going to agree to Mephisto's wager, whatever that may be. He was the ruler of hell and all demons in existence, what could Mephisto possibly give him that would be of equal value of letting Kernel, Grubbs and I to live, the chance of destroying the Demonata itself? With us alive and all three together, we could do nearly anything we willed it to do. Lord Loss returned while I was alone, approaching me with a snickering smile. "I am gone for not even five minutes, and poor little Bec is on the verge of crying? What could have possibly gone wrong my dear?" He acted sympathetic in a ghastly way, showing care but at the same time sarcasm. "Did the others upset you? Rest assured, I will not. You do know I hold you in high regards." He smiled, his sharp teeth revealed. Little did I know, even if the letter did make it to the devil, Lord Loss wasn't following orders. He may not try to kill me, but he did want my piece of the Kah-Gash for himself, and he would drain my magic if must in order to obtain it.
"You should be gone..." I prepared magic in my hand to form into a knife like shard to jab him with if he got any closer. He instead raised his four hands in the air defensively, showing he meant no harm. "I came to make a wager of my own...Give me your piece of the Kah-Gash now. I have an unlimited amount of familiars at my disposal, waiting for the signal to ambush your friends back at the base...Beranabus and Mephistopheles wouldn't last that long, old demons or not. Against that number, they would be swarmed..." My eyes went wide after hearing this. I couldn't tell if he was bluffing or telling the truth. If what he said was true, it meant that they may be dead by the time I get there if I told Lord Loss no. I was at a loss of what to do now.

Artery said nothing since he was a demon incapable of speaking, so instead he simply handed Satan the letter from Mephisto and jumped on Satan's lap like a pet. He acted like an infant too, in fact and loved to be babied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am

(Haha, yeah yeah. :p Gotta say thanks I guess for introducing me to an awesome series haha. Yeah, I finished the first book and bought the next two. I started reading the second one the other day and at first I was so confused xD But I figured it out, so it's all good. Lol, I take it that the third book switches back to Grubbs and Dervish or something? Book 1 is amazing and I agree with what you said. You get to chapter 2 and it takes off from there. Lmao, what a lame teacher xD Can't believe you would get in trouble for that -_-)

I held my arms in front of me in a "calm down" gesture. I lowered my arms when he began asking questions. It was to be expected that he would want to interrogate me. My lips peeled back from my fangs and formed into a malignant grin. "It could be described as a wager, a bet... a challenge. Ah, how about a challenge with a wager - a reward, if you will!" I quickly changed the subject and focused upon the next question: "Hm, so I suspect that you weren't around when I talked of my goal that I aim to complete when I become ruler." Not if but when, "I need you all alive to aid me in the battle against my father and practically all of this world. You and your friends are some of the most vital allies I have - if you agree to become an ally of mine, that is." I paused a moment and closed my eyes, grin widening, looking more and more twisted as each second passed. "Tell me, you seem to know Lord Loss well, does he still enjoy chess?" I reopened my eyes and looked at the half breed, "Are you any good at chess? Are your friends?" I glanced around the area, the glint in my eyes diffused into suspicion. Being a demon had its benefits and detriments. One of those benefits were enhanced senses. Because Beranabus was a half demon, I'm sure he noticed, too - countless eyes were watching us.
-
The King took the letter from Artery and scowled when he saw the seal. So it was from his eldest son. His scowl only deepened when Artery made himself comfortable on his lap. He would have thrown the hell child off of him and punished him, but right now, he was keenly interested in the letter. However, he gave not any attention to the hell child. Satan never thanked anyone - unless it was to mock someone or such. Without further hesitation, he summoned a blue flame upon the seal; and when the flame vanished, the seal was gone. He opened the letter and read over it surprisingly thoroughly. At first, his expression was malicious, then is slowly turned grim. Wrathful. The letter read:

"Salutations, Father,

I have come to the decision of proposing a wager. I understand that you see the disciples as a nuisance and you want them killed. I, however, am opposed to your decision. Before you go throwing a temper tantrum, let me explain. Ah, that's right, you don’t like listening to explanations, do you? I know that you like challenges though, and listening to the rules of a challenge shouldn't bother you too much. I will make this as short as possible, dear father. I'm sure you still have a craving for chess, just as Lord Loss does; I'm also positive that you are still addicted to bloodshed. To put it bluntly, I challenge you and Lord Loss to a game of chess. If I win one game, I have to fight the remaining opponent. If I win the battle, you let the disciples live. If I lose both of the chess matches, you and Lord Loss are free to kill the disciples - of course, they may put up a fight. Should you want to make any adjustments to the rules, inform me of so and I will contemplate then.

Good day, Father."

Satan sneered. He was a bit angered that his son - his eldest son - had thought that he - the king of all demons- would obey the rules like an obedient dog. No, that's not how this would go. He might accept the challenge but not the rules. Things would certainly be changed to fit his own interest. Then, if his son and the disciples emerged victorious, which he though was utterly impossible, he would let said disciples live but not without a war and bloodshed. He hadn't a care as to why Mephistopheles was wanting to protect the disciples - his son was rebellious, just like himself. The fallen angel’s sneer widened into a cruel and wicked grin. Things were going to get interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 am

(You're welcome, glad you like it. Very Happy But yeah, third book switches back to Grubbs. It's funny because the books that had the cool covers and I was anxious to read turned out to be not exciting. Slawter and Wolf's Island were a let down for me. But Death's Shadow was my favorite book of the series, which was book 7. It made me cry. D: So sad. How far are you now?)

Beranabus wasn't expecting that out of him. He wanted to help not cause trouble and betray us. He felt the demons surrounding them in hiding but couldn't figure out why they weren't attacking yet. They must have needed a signal, which meant they were familiars of some demon master. He guessed as much it was Lord Loss. "Aye. Do you think a game of chess will work?" he kept himself alert in the case one of the demons attacked against order. He didn't trust Mephisto yet, but he knew if I had trusted him he should trust my judgement. His opinion on Mephisto was wrong and he judged him. "I'm such a fool..." He chuckled sheepishly and rubbed his chin, grinning like a jester. "With this aliance, do we stand a chance?" He may have to call upon the Disciples if this really was going to break into a war. They'd need all the help they could get against Satan.

The idea of Mephisto, Beranabus and the others being slaughtered made my heart ache and send pain to my chest. I fell into despair, Lord Loss relishing in my pain. I knew he wasn't lying, he wouldn't do that to me. Maybe mess with my head a little. I knew the others were strong, but I knew they didn't stand a chance.
"Leave!" barked a voice from behind us. Lord Loss and I instantly turned around to see a concious Kernel wobbling and leaning on Grubbs's who was helping him stay on his feet. Lord Loss sneered knowing this was very bad for him. Kernel was awake - badly injured - but awake. This meant that with us three together we could activate the powers of the Kah-Gash. Not once did we ever test it's power, but we had used it before unconsciously to reverse time. "Kernel!" He shouldn't be here, not in his condition and Lord Loss could use this as an advantage, just as long as he separated us somehow.

With a snap of his fingers, Lord Loss sent the signal for the demons to attack. They were all at his disposal like war toys. Artery had already returned to his side, and on the other side of him was his other favorite pet Vein. It was a crocodile headed demon with a lab dog body and woman hands. It wasn't as scary looking as Artery, but still fairly horrific. Now all three of us would be ambushed by demons along with Mephisto and Beranabus a ways away! All I could do was hope they could hold out until I got to them, I felt it was my job not to let anyone die. I had to protect everyone.
A demon was already upon Kernel once the first demon shot at him, being swatted away by Grubbs but leaving him open to get attacked from behind. Kernel took a bite from Vein to his back and cried aloud, a new wound opening up. I did my best by creating ice shards with my magic, shooting them into the demons to make them halt and step back. I turned to Lord Loss. "Stop this fighting! I will make a bet with you...But on my terms." "That's not fai-" "I will give you my soul to torture or do as you like with, join your side, and give you my half of the Kah-Gash, if you spare them their lives and bring no harm to them what so ever..."
"Bec, you idiot!" Grubbs tried stopping me, but it was too late, I already shook hands with Lord Loss, an evil smile on his face. "Hehehehe, deal..."

Last edited by Bec on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 am

(I decided I'd show you some artwork from The Demonata. Now that you may recognize most of the pictures.)

Kernel:

Bec:

Grubbs:
(Spoiler, I'm so sorry D: )

All three of them. Grubbs, Kernel and Bec:

Random Demons:

Bill-E:
(Another spoiler, sorry.)

Can't remember this demons name...It was Cadaver I think...

Vein:

Artery: <3

Lord Loss:

Beranabus:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaymon

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

My lips fluttered, nodding almost imperceptibility and then dipped my head back. Any exhibition of complete self sufficiency draws a stunned tribute from me. I looked over to father sitting upon his throne, who began to intently read the letter. From the corner of my eye, I saw the stamp symbolizing Mephisto's signature. His voice thrilling in my head, reminiscing the child-like humor of his. A sort of fright came over me, that look upon his face was rare but not to be taken lightly. It was the kind of voice that the ears follows up and down as if each speech is an arrangement of notes that will never be played again. Father cackled. A breeze blew through the chamber, blew curtains in at one end and out the other like pale flags, twisting them up towards the vermilion shaded ceiling - and then rippled over the wine-colored rug, making a shadow on it as wind does on the sea. I must have faltered, for I stood for a few moments listening to the whip and snap of the curtains and the sound of dying tones falling silently to the floor in a melancholic beat. My ears twitched to the sound, my attention averted back.
"Father?" I uttered.
He went silent, his boasting laughter dying down in a heap all in one setting. I felt diminished in his presence. At a loss of words, dare we say. I could only guess what was written in that envelope, by the laughter sounding in the room from him alone, it couldn't be good. He looked down on me incredulously, my body going stiff. His gaze turned once more, leaving me at a loss of words.

I tediously arrived, looking at the demons surrounding my brother and an old fellow beside him pulling a strained face of discontentment. It occurred to me now that father was not the one who had sent these familiars, it was of another doing. But soon, father would be upon us, I feared. My blue sun-strained eyes feasted on the curiosity out of a wan, flustered demon huffing it's body, broadening its shoulders in the glory of its pride to kill. My brother - yet again - had gotten himself into a sticky situation.
"Should I even ask?" My voice was monotone, I felt no desire to show any emotion, just curiosity. I felt no anger or sadness, whatever doing my brother had brought upon himself was of his own problems. My ideal truce may in fact shatter dependent on the outcome of this soon to be battle. Flicking its tongue, the lesser demon drew patiently, with caution and eyed me standing before it showing no fear or determination to strike it down. This enraged it. "Brother, as prince, this familiar should not be advancing on my heels or yours. Either way it still is. Who is the one in command of these lower demons? The idiot should know their boundary's, coming and attacking the lot of us...Satan himself would be angered by such foolishness. But, whatever it is you said to him, I can't guarantee he reacted the same way you'd hoped." I frowned this time, showing my concern for Mephisto's safety. "Don't tell me you did something foolish...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:13 am

(Really? Dammit... and I thought Wolf's Island was going to be awesome. Oh well, I'm sure it's still great, just not as much as the others. I'm over halfway through Book 2. I'm too lazy to look up which chapter, but it's after the concert where Kernal meets Shark and Dervish. They just reunited with Beranabus, and that's where I stopped. Holy crap, that artwork is awesome. Thanks for showing me! It gives me more of an idea as to what the characters look like. Oh, and don't worry about the spoilers, I was already pretty sure that Grubbs was going to turn into a werewolf sooner or later.)

Despite being surrounded by the many numerous familiars, I stayed stolid. A corner of my mouth sharpened into a cool smirk. My eyes had no hint of fright or trepidation in them. Calm, collected, and fearless - demons hated when those emotions were shown toward them. It normally caused them to be blinded by anger, and thus, it was similar to fighting blindly. They had nothing to devour upon, either, as most demons fed off of emotions. This all gave us the upper hand. "It may, but I highly doubt it. Father has a tendency to manipulate the rules into his own. I foresee a game of chess being played, and after that, bloodshed. You know how this world works - you cannot escape without a drop of blood being shed. And that drop of blood may represent a life..." I paused momentarily, taking another thorough scan all around us. When I was content, sure that no demon was suddenly going to pounce upon us, I continued. "or we could get lucky, and a mere drop of blood is all it shall be. However, we are risking lives here. I’m sure you are rather familiar with that by now, as you know your life or anothers is put to risk at the first immediate step you take into this world, but I'm just reminding you... anyone could be put to their end at any given moment." That wasn't too different from every day life in the human world. Life was such a fragile thing. One never knows when their end is upon them - it could be in the next thirty seconds, the next five minutes, hour, day, week, month, year, decade. I never had a true life, a dead being I would forever be; but even so, one could learn much from watching.

I chuckled along with Beranabus,
"Aren't we all fools?" I heard a growl within the distance. Hah! So they were getting mad that the two of us barely acknowledged their presences! How droll! "I would say that we are going to need all of the help we can get. This is Satan and his army of recruits, after all. They're not to be underestimated." My focus was abruptly cut off by a collage of screeches. Oh, so Lord Loss had finally gave them the command to feast, eh? I laughed, head held high and shoulders straight. I watched the lower life forms advance upon us, cautiously, slowly, as if suspecting us to be up to something. My laughter died down into a broad grin. Then, a voice. Drone. Drained of all emotion other than a spark of curiosity. You could barely tell that the sentence was interrogative - to many, it may have sounded declarative or imperative.

"It's been awhile... Amaymon, King of the Earth.” I greeted, swiftly dodging his first question. My tone was opposite of his - it had a joyful and carefree ring to it, and if there was any vileness within it, it was professionally covered up. His appearance was sudden and unexpected, but it was not a point marked down for our side. I listened to him intently, especially focusing upon the last of his words. "I imagine that you have heard of who Lord Loss is, hm?" Probably not - he didn't care much for others reputations. "Nevertheless, whether you have or have not, he is the one in control of these... bothersome pests. If you have complaints, take it up with him." I burst out into a fit of laughter thereafter. "F-Foolish?" I stuttered between laughs, holding a hand to my stomach. "Really now, do you have such little trust in your older brother? Do you believe that I would rush into such a grave situation without a plan of some sorts? Ahahaha, how you humor me so!" I calmed down, snickering on and off. "Do tell me something, Amaymon, just how did Father react? A quick overview will suffice."

My eyes flashed back over to the lesser demons. They were beginning to draw back. "Something is wrong..." I muttered, suspicion evident in my voice. Had Lord Loss called off their attack? For what reason would he do so? I sensed it - a human making a deal with a demon nearby. After so many years of making wagers and piecing together contracts, I had adapted to that sense of power in the air during that time. Sudden realization dawned upon me. Bec!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:38 pm

(Well it might be to you, idk. xD Everyone's different. Lol, I love punk Dervish! xDDD He's so funny, he has such a bad sense of humor...Oh okay, thank god I didn't spoil a lot then. I would have felt bad. You're welcome, I thought it might help getting a better idea of what everyone looks like in the books. ^^ Btw, I thought you might like this... XD MadTv is by FAR my favorite tv show! I'm just sad they stopped airing it a few years ago...)

Lord Loss called off his familiars, meaning that even the ones that had advanced against the others had halted and began to back off. "Grubistch, Cornelius," He smirked, saying his farewells as I followed him after he opened a window into his own realm. I knew where we were going, it didn't take a genius to figure it out. Grubbs was more angered by my betrayal than the idea of him no longer having to lose his life to the hordes of demons. I gave a faint smile back to them, they didn't know I had a plan. Sure I had a deal and was going to stick to it, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to take the Kah-Gash back and escape. I also had faith in the others to come, I knew they would.

Kernel and Grubbs returned back to the base, the demons were gone just like Lord Loss and I, but now someone else arrived with weird clothing just like Mephisto. They weren't sure what was going on, but asked anyway.
"Who the hell is this guy?" Grubbs was already in a bad mood so he was a bit snappy. "Forget it." He shook his head knowing it wasn't important, he wasn't attacking them so it must have meant the green haired guy was on their side. "Bec's gone...She left with Lord Loss. The idiot gave herself over so we wouldn't all be slaughtered..." Kernel coughed barely able to stand still but stood on his own two feet now without Grubbs' help.
"She had to have had a good reason for it..." Beranabus chipped in. He knew me well and trusted my judgment, I wouldn't give in so easily, I must have had to have a back-up plan, but still, he felt my decision was foolish without letting the others know about it.

(Sorry its short. I have to go, and I don't have time to add anymore to it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaymon

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:25 pm

How absurd, all this ruckus was nonsense really. Brother shouldn't care for these humans lives other than his own but even I knew, they were not plain humans but being of magic. I felt entitled to an explanation but he only gave a very vague one. I walked around, examining the diminishing demons one by one, scurrying away in a heap. I threw my head back to Mephisto, withdrawing my attention from the hurrying fleeing demons. More boys came into the picture questioning me with uncertainty. One of them smelled of demon, lest I say it out loud. All of them were of some magical quantity. I hoped to convey my best interests in the matter pertaining this Lord Loss, almost at the moment I did, had I cared. "I have. What does he have to do with you?" That naughty brother of mine, always planning things, conjuring a jest of his own.

"Father laughed." I inquired licking the side of my lips. I hastily recalled my memory, reciting the words from Satan's mouth just before I left. "He snickered gravely, gave a loud laugh, then settled into his chair with delight. Father had that rare look in his eye, a spark of interest. Whatever you said got his attention." I hoped Mephisto had not done something in vain for the sake of these individuals. The moon had risen higher above our heads, nightfall had come upon us. It was nothing frightening to me, the others maybe. "Behemoth!" My familiar appeared beside me within seconds, the chain wrapped around my gloved hand with rips at the fingers beginning. Tugging at the chain he made a gurgled sound then silenced.

I smiled understandingly what my brother held at his finger tips - much less than others. A rarity it was for me to uphold myself in his presence, the man was very busy. The last time we crossed paths was well over 100 years ago. The fellow was hard to keep up with. "You really should keep me more updated with what you're doing before making conscious decisions on your own." I insisted, muttering the words with a tint of perplexity and anxiety from all the troubles he caused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 am

(I finished it. Thought it was alright... but I agree with you, I think the two before it were somewhat better. Went down to the bookstore today and got book 4 :p Dervish is hilarious xD Shark was kinda cool, too. Nope, it's all good. Hahaha, I remember watching that when MadTv was still airing. It was hilarious. Yeah, I'm pissed they stopped airing it. It was freaking awesome.)

I waited for the return of Grubbs and Kernel - I guessed Bec wouldn't be with them - in silence. I absently tapped my foot against the ground and adjusted my weight from one leg to the other, flicking the brim of my hat every so often. Such was a nervous habit of mine. I hoped that my suspicions would prove to be false in the end , but alas, the two boys came walking up in a huff. Bec was nowhere in sight. Grubbs asked a question about my younger brother, tone snappy and stressed, but muttered to "forget it" thereafter. I could understand his anxiety so I nodded in return, gesturing that I would explain when things weren't so hectic. Then, Kernel piped up and gave a quick overview of the situation at hand. I sighed out and frowned. So I was right as always. Omniscient I am not, but I see much. Though, as Beranabus said, Bec had to have a good reason. Maybe she had a plan behind this whole set - just as a director does for their movie. With every movie, there had to be a cast. That's where we came in.

I turned my attention back to my younger brother, past anxiety fading. No need to worry over something that need not so. Oh, so he had heard of him. A surprise indeed!
"What does he have to do with me?" I mumbled, repeating the question for no particular reason. "Oh dear, that's a long explanation. Shall we just say that he has become a nuisance to both me and these kind people?" I gestured to the group of the disciples. As he went on explaining Father's reaction, my lips peeled back from my sharp teeth and formed a wide grin. "Good, good." I ran my tongue over my canines, thoroughly interested in what was to come. I looked to the night sky, grin refusing to fade. The plot was beginning to fall into place.

I whipped around and faced my younger brother, scowling slightly at Behemoth. That lesser demon had caused me much trouble. Bothersome was he, just as Amaymon could sometimes be. I decided to ignore the familiar and looked at my younger brother instead.
"Of course, I will make sure to do so in the near future. Do remember that I know what I'm doing, however. Worrying is to be left to the elder, and as such, he is to worry about the younger." I tilted my head to the side slightly, grin turning into a gentle smile. "So, Amaymon, who's side will you partake on in this, nay, dare I say it, war?" And the smile was quickly contorted with wickedness and an unsettling calmness, as if knowing all that was going to happen in the future.

I summoned up a mat and took a seat on the cold, lifeless ground. Studied the details out of pure boredom. Nothing interesting, just dirt, rock, and sand - all tinted with the gruesome color of blood. Slaughter was popular among all areas of this godforsaken land. I hummed quietly and twiddled my thumbs, relaxed, patiently waiting for someone - my father.

(Lame post, sorry. I'm exhausted, but I didn't want to delay this topic any longer.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

(Sweet, now you'll get to read about Bec in book 4 and judge whether or not I rp as her well, or horribly. xD Some people don't care much about Shark but he's more of just a side character, like Sharmila. Razz It's funnier as the books progress, Dervish begins to become protective of Bec. xD One of my friends and I seriously think Dervish and Grubbs are gay for one another lol.)

Cobwebs everywhere, spread on the walls, the chairs and dining table made of it. Lord Loss really did like cobwebs for his castle in the Demonata. It didn't bother me, I had seen scarier things but it was an uneasy feelings to see things crawl and fumble across the ceiling and floors. Everything here seemed dead, despair fell everywhere. It was difficult enough for me to even keep my emotions in check without feeling pity on myself for my decision. An overwhelming feeling came over me while I walked, making me regret my conscious choice to make this deal with him.

Lord Loss floated into the main chamber, my small body following behind with short strides. He sat on his throne and slowly moved a lumpy red hand towards a lessor demon, pointing at him then inching his finger to curl back, telling him to come. Obediently they made their way over. "Bring our little Bec a chair won't you." He smiled, his jagged sharp teeth gleaming with rotten flesh between each one. The demon disappeared and moments later reappeared with a cobweb laced chair, bringing it beside Lord Loss' seat. I thanked him even though they snarled at me and sat down. "That is no way to treat our guest." Lord Loss frowned, waving a hand that sent magic at the demon, throwing him into the wall. It grunted with anger then scampered off knowing to leave its masters presence before he got angry. "I apologize little one, you know how one can be here." He chuckled without shame. I knew Lord Loss was a demon master but he always held me in high regards and showed manors towards me, that was one thing I had to keep an eye on him about. The demon master made my gut churn.

I looked around me, this place really was full of despair and pain. It was like a torture chamber here and I could hear the screams of victims just a few halls down from us. It was difficult to keep my calm, to not move and go help them and tend to their crying pleads of mercy. Lord Loss could tell I was on the edge of my seat practically. "Do you feel empathy for them? Sympathy?" He wanted to relish in their pain and misery, it was all the more tasteful for him if I admitted I did. "There's nothing I can do for them, even if I wanted to." I said, looking at the floor as I spoke. Lord Loss just grinned. "I see..."

"Whatever, Bec is nothing but a traitor." Grubbs snapped, not caring for Beranabus' words on her better reasoning for giving herself up. Grubbs was known to be cold at times and never liked Bec's decisions, he was always the first one to say something against it and do his own choice, even if it wasn't the right choice. Kernel sat down taking Grubbs hand away from him, holding his gut before his wounds tried to open up again. There was still the matter of what to do and no one voiced their opinion yet. "Whether you like Bec or not, she's apart of the Kah-Gash. We need that piece on our side, meaning we need to get it back before Lord Loss either extracts it, or kills her." The last part was something he didn't want to think about but had to leave it out in the open since it was a possibility after all. "We're going to Lord Loss' realm." Grubbs frowned knowing he was right, but still chose to stay out of it. "And how do you propose we do that? All of us are injured except those two." he motioned over to Amaymon and Mephisto. "I don't think they would be willing to put their life on the lines." "Grubbs, this is a war. Do you not see that?" Kernel pipped up finally to shut him up. In fact, not even Grubbs and Kernel got along. "The Kah-Gash is our way of winning this war. We need that third piece or the demons will be one step closer to demolishing our entire species." Before Grubbs could say anything more, Kernel stood up and walked over to Mephisto and Amaymon. "Will you two help us in winning and getting Bec back?" He knew they were both demons, but it was worth a shot asking since they seemed neutral from his stand point. Although Kernel hadn't heard the lecture Mephisto gave Bec earlier about wanting to help the humans either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaymon

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon May 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Brother was getting himself into a big dispute against father and the demons. I couldn't just nonchalantly pick a side with such easy persuasion. I had to craft my own demise, see to it where I could end if I partake in this war, as brother put it. War was never something easy. In war, both sides are always good. War is when both sides fight for a case, thinking they are in the right. This is not a war, this is a battle for redemption. For pride and honor. To win over and bask in the glory of a stable species who shall live on for another millennium. I looked up to my brother, it was true. But that did not mean I supported every decision he made.

"We shall bleed the poisons dry." I whispered to myself, then looked up to my brother and the others. "I guess it can be fun...I don't really want to take a side considering we are up against father himself. You are asking me to choose a side between my brother and my own father." Rubbing my chin, my eyes looked upwards in a way one would show that they are in deep thought. "Father is surely on his way here now with an army to wipe us out. Your Lord Loss problem is nothing compared to Satan himself." I gave the saddened but truthful news to the ill-burdened humans. They were already torn up, they are not fit for war. At least not yet. I turned to Mephisto and held out my green gloved hand. "I will join your side...But these magicians will be crushed like ants in their state. They'll need medical assistance right away. I will have Behemoth bring a familiar of mine to heal them, one whom I trust will not kill them and is well skilled in the medical field." I gave a small sigh, not wanting to go to such petty lengths for someone I hardly knew. "Mephisto and I will go fetch Bec then return to assist you in this war. Give us a few hours, we will return."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 pm

(I'm on Blood Beast now, and from what I read, you rp Bec perfectly! I don't know why you say you're horrible at rping her. Yeah, that's what I guessed, but I still think that he's funny. Hahaha, I thought that was Beranabus. job. :p Lol, they are awfully...close... Suspect)

I folded my arms behind my neck and fell backwards, landing gently on my back, attention not directed towards the sky but to the words uttered by the mortals. I listened, watched, and learned. The boy, Grubbs, held suspicion towards Bec. Thought of her as a traitor without any further analysts. Disagreements were being argued out; Beranabus denoted the most valid. I clicked my tongue in disapproval when Grubbs tried to turn the tables back to his favor. "Quite the contrary actually." An amused smile flashed across my face. Grubb's take on Amaymon's thoughts may be true, I could not speak for him, but he was wrong about mine. I did not mind putting my life on the line for Bec; but I must toss up a question in the air, what life? In a sense, I was already dead! As I recall, life and death were complete opposites. The dead could not be filled with life. Demons are already creatures of the afterlife. They could not be killed again. Reduced to a weaker being, sure, but how could one kill the dead? That said, I, as well as every other demon, was immortal. But everything had a weakness that could drive them to loss.

I stood up, grinning altruistically, when Kernal began trudging my way. Before I answered his question, I let Amaymon voice his own opinions. He was fretting over Father's wrath. Who in their right mind would not do so though? Me. I enjoyed challenging his temper. I did not fear his power. I had been around him too long to fear him anymore. My grin widened foolishly when Amaymon decided upon an answer. I clasped his hand, giving it a firm shake, sealing our alliance. I nodded in agreement towards the points he made note of.
"My thanks, Amaymon." I turned back to Kernal, smile refusing to fade. "That should answer your question, no?" With that said I spun around on my heel and snapped my fingers. I cast a barrier around the mortals' temporary refuge area powerful enough to keep out any high ranking demon such as a demon king; it was the same barrier I had surrounding my academy. However, with a few adjustments, I made it so that it would not interfere with Amaymon's familiars. I would take no chances with the dangers that lurked about. I continued walking. "We should head off right away. No time like the present!" We would have to hurry. Father was sure to know our location, and if he were to find the mortals before we returned... we would arrive to a scene of turgid butchery and massacre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:53 am

(Lies and slander. xD I do not! But thank you anyways even though I disagree lol. Well Dervish is only protective of her cause she lives with him after she comes back to life and he thinks of her kinda like a daughter while Grubb's is gone. Even though the first few months he totally hates her. .___. And no they are. xD Ish. Bec still never loved him back sadly...Just thought of him as a close friend. Lol, Beranabus Forever Alone moment. XD Oh and another thing...Dunno why Brook goes after women like he does... he's a skeleton, it's not like he can bone them anyway. SKULLJOKE!)

An hour later I was given my own room to sleep in and kept myself locked away inside of it. I played the role of a hostage, just like he wanted me to. If I wanted to get out of here alive and cause no suspicion I needed to be just as I was expected to be, no plotting revealed on the outside. I looked around the room, it was almost too easy to escape from here and Lord Loss knew this. I was a powerful priestess who could wield magic greater than he but I still didn't overthrow him or make for the exit. No, I had to be smart about this. I didn't know if this would work, but I thought it was worth a shot. Magic was a very powerful thing and with the right knowledge of how to use it, its very useful. I chanted a few words in my own language and suddenly a piece of my aura ripped from my body. There was no sign of it anywhere but I assure you it was there. This would trick Lord Loss easily, if he sensed my magic and my being in the room, he would know I hadn't left. He was a cruel Demon Master but also held manors in some aspects and would not enter my room without permission. This was the upside to it all.

I looked out the hole in my room, it was no real window. Just a hole with cobwebs overlapping it, letting the cold air from outside inside. This was a realm with chilling temperatures from the desolate area and dead plains. Besides the tortured and demons running a muck of course. I tore through the webs and peeled them off my hand onto the rigid floor, wedging my small body through the small hole. For any other person, it would be hard to escape. But for my child-like height and slender body, it was easily manageable if I sucked in just a little. I was fully aware of the demons outside that could be watching, and I planned to slip past them. But as I had, I briefly stopped, hiding behind a tall stalagmite. My eyes went wide when I saw the king of demons walk by. Actually, it wasn't even walking at all specifically. It was more of hovering to be specific. He didn't even stop if sensing Lord Loss' presence from inside the castle. It lingered on me wondering what or who that was. I had never been so scared in my life by its overwhelming aura...It was like staring at pure death. The way he passed, it looked in the same general direction I was going. I then realized who it could be and it sent me into near shock. Satan. I had to find Mephisto soon or else Satan may just kill anyone who stands in his way to get to him. But my plans soon backfired when I felt a sharp pain in my back from a magic bolt, knocking me unconscious onto the cold, damp dirt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaymon

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

As a saying went that I heard, "A pound of flesh for paradise" was a valid yet disputable argument. It claimed that one was to make sacrifices in order to further their wishes or wants. I had not known the situation all too clearly, but the sound of it was that we were all making our own sacrifices for the sake of mankind. Mephisto and I were not to be taken lightly, we were the sons of Satan himself after all, even if we weren't born full demon. I had my suspicions of the magicians but didn't ask since Mephisto trusted them. Rebelling against them would result in rebelling against my eldest brother, possibly ending in a crude awakening and mistake.

"What will you do if father gets here before we get to the girl?"
I asked my brother while we were alone, far from the others after an hour had passed. These dimensions were enormous and took much time to reach a pinpoint. Luckily for us, father was much slower than we, giving us a bigger advantage lest we hurry. "That demon master Lord Loss may have already killed her by now too, with all our dabbling nonsense and petty arguments." I ran my tongue over my sharp tooth in hunger then proceeded to pull out a sucker from my pocket placing it in my mouth. Much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:17 am

(Yes you do. For god's sake, accept it! Hahaha. Ohh, alright, that makes sense. So I take it that tunnel that they found in Blood Beast has some relation with Bec? I'm probably wrong. That's what I get for making guesses when I'm only like 70 pages into the book xD Friendzoned, huh? Ouch. Hahaha, since when did you start reading OP? Oh, and hey, a man can dream. Xp)

"If by an unfortunate chance that he does pass by the others, they'll most likely be slaughtered. There is nothing I can do about that." I carelessly shrugged, looking indifferent. I wasn't worried about it. There was nothing that I could do about it, but a familiar of mine could. I called upon him in the midst of the conversing earlier, already one step ahead of the game. He had been at my side since I was a child; actually, if memory serves me correct, he was my first familiar. He obviously was also then my most loyal and trusted familiar and almost tied with my most powerful. He would take care of the job – distract Father long enough for Amaymon and me to arrive with Bec. If we were too far off and could not make it in time... then so be it. I would find another way to rid of Father and claim the throne. I was merely going through all of this trouble for my own well being. Never would I make a deal without being able to emerge from it with new wealth.

"Assuming he reaches Lord Loss's domain before us, then when we do arrive there, we shall all settle in and have a cup of tea. Chat about the weather. You know, the usual." I smiled. Ah, if only it were that simple! "It could be, but do remember that Lord Loss gains his satisfaction from sorrow and misery. Killing her so quickly would be a waste." My mouth curved into a frown when he took out the sweet. Cake sounded rather appetizing to me but I suppose that would have to wait. We were getting close now; the surroundings were becoming... sticky. Webs were increasing in number by the strands. Some thick and others not. Through the crevices of the webs was heavy darkness. I looked ahead with curious eyes, the far off gloomy silhouette of a structure taller than a skyscraper lying before us. I stopped and sneered – an expression I hadn't made since I was young. There was no mistaking that power. Father was already here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bec

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 am

(I can't do much for my part since Bec is pretty much passed out. Buuuttttt I will say that Lord Loss found her and she was knocked unconscious by a bolt of magic. Where in his lair, you'll have to find out and go search! When the time is right and I'm able to re-enter, then I'll post again.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaymon

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Father was already here. His massive body cast a dark shadow over the landscape forcing it to become darker than before. To any human, his flames would kill them from miles away. To brother and I, we were not touched by them. So far I was bored, I needed time to kill. This would be a good errand to keep me preoccupied while the others stay out of the game. Ah yes, this really was just like one big board game of Chess wasn't it? I could only hope to figure out what our King was in this all out war. Surely these magicians weren't brothers priority as much as they were simple knights. No, we were looking at a bigger picture now weren't we? Mephisto's goal was to overthrow father and take the throne. He was in this for himself to live, not the others. The only reason he needed the others alive was to assemble his trump card. How modest of him, in the end it was a truly selfish reason after all. Demons are all alike in the end it seems.

Not being noticed by father was our primary objective. "How troublesome." I bit down hard on my sucker, snapping it in half then began to chew on the stick. Our best option was to travel unscathed right past him. As clumsy as these beasts may be, 
their mass numbers make up for slow speeds. Getting past the demons in front should be manageable. I could see that Lord Loss was already speaking to father, what they rambled on about was beyond my comprehension. Lest I wish to find out I'd only waste more of our precious time. 

With Satan's large body, it was easy to maneuver around him while blending in with the demons. They assumed we were one of them, not once questioning our objective. Simple really. Entering the large chamber I was clueless to where we would start our search. I proceeded to turn to my brother in hopes of an answer for a route.
"Your call."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:24 pm

(M'kay, sounds cool.)

"Troublesome indeed." I muttered and ran a hand through my midnight colored hair. With a sigh, I mingled in with the crowds of demons, matching my pace with Amaymon's. It would be a bother if we lost each other in this horde of monsters. If I was younger, I would have been making a fuss about having to be around these "pathetic lesser demons" without them showing their respects. But that wasn't the case these days and it was to our benefit that they weren't causing us any unwanted attention. If they did, Father and Lord Loss would surely notice and then we would be in a big mess. My eyes lazily wandered over to Lord Loss and Father. There were a variety of topics they could be discussing: Bec, the wager I proposed, the magicians, and the list goes on. Had I the time to eavesdrop, I would have, but I did not. So I continued forth, my tongue trailing over my sharp teeth in anticipation for the real game to began.

I peered around the cavernous chamber, my hands folded behind my back as I made quick observations. Despite the multitude of space, there were only a few pieces of furniture – some chairs and bookshelves - and they were all made out of webs. The most noticeable thing was how massive the room was. That's how most buildings were in Gehenna.They were enormous so the demons of the same size could be just as comfortable as a human visiting their friend's house as a guest. I took one final sweep of the room, looking puzzled thereafter. There were four corridors that we could continue through. I frowned slightly and held my hand up, pointing to one of the corridors.
"Eeny," I said, tone serious, and pointed to the next hallway, "meeny," I continued to the next, "miny," And to the next, "mo..." I continued the rhyme in mumbles, smiling foolishly. When the rhyme was over, I was pointing at the corridor to the right of us. I began walking towards it, gesturing for Amaymon to follow.

Even if this was simply a corridor, it was just as wide as the chambers. It was eerily lit by chandeliers woven from webs overhead, flames flickering. It was long, continuous, seeming to never end. Every so often, we would come across a door on either side of the walls. But Bec wasn't in any of them. I picked up my pace, aiming to reach the end of the corridor. She had to be somewhere in this general direction. The rhyme never fails me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)   

Back to top Go down

The Wager (Bec and Mephisto only)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next